By Daniel Muller – CAS Coordinator
This is the first of a series of short posts about why CAS is at the core of the IB Diploma Program.
By now it is clear that IB students at AISD are doing some amazing things in their CAS program. On this blog we have seen examples of this – Rica is teaching English with songs, Gin students are promoting awareness of global issues by organizing an international student film event and Sadia and Sumin are organizing a trash fashion show to celebrate earth day.
But what outcomes does the IB expect from all this outstanding work? Here is what the IB says, “At the end of their CAS program, students will have:”
- Increased their awareness of their strengths and areas for growth.
- Undertaken new challenges.
- Planned and initiated activities.
- Worked collaboratively with others.
- Shown perseverance and commitment in their activities.
- Engaged with issues of global importance.
- Considered the ethical implications of their actions.
- Developed new skills.
Find out more about the 8 Learning Outcomes here.
Login and leave a comment on this or any post on this site! If you are on the faculty or staff of AISD you probably have an account already. Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your First Class email.